Thursday, September 17, 2009

Faces from the Land

Is consistancy in These photographs
taken by Ben Marra
over twenty years
using the same lens, same lights
Marra et Wife, Linda
travel through North America
to photograph American powwow dance
April 09 publication
bright color documentations
articulate details of tribal dance regalia
plus words from dancers
offer connectivity to the individuals photogrph't

Ben & Linda Marra
are currently touring this book
and are very calm peops to chat w/
recommended to let them know
yes if u like this works
Amazing reference for those struggle
in the darkness of post millennium decent
searching for global tribal identity crisis

who am i spirit
what is my folk & lore
where is my people
is it ok
we celebrate
one

more info to
"
spirit words split worlds
/\_/\
>( ' \ . / ' )<
P O W F O X


1 comment:

porkhelmet said...

The musing on tribal culture and authenticity of living reminds me of this favorite from last December. And no, I don't know if it is OK to celebrate one. I wonder the same thing myself although I crave it in my life.